- Code MGMT7029
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Management
- Areas of interest Management
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course introduces students to a broad range of current change literature and with the problems and key issues relating to managing change in organisations. Key topics include metaphors for understanding change, theories of planned change, the role of the change agent, diagnosis, responses to change, the process of planned change, interventions (techno-structural, strategic, cross-cultural), managing and leading change, current issues and challenges.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- Analyse and define problems in various case situations
- Use relevant data to design interventions for problem solving
- Describe the characteristics and nature of organisation development (OD)
- Outline the critical steps for managing a successful planned change
- Comment on the core values, ethics, and skills of change agents
- Recognise the issues, problems and opportunities that may arise from planned change
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
- Assignment 1 : 30%
- Assignment 2 : 30%
- Final Examination : 40%
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.