- Code SPAN6508
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages
This course will extend the students' Spanish speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to reach the equivalent to B2.2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for languages. Classes are centred around authentic, contemporary materials, including literature, media and film, such that grammatical structures and vocabulary are acquired through contextualised use in a range of different contexts, and students gain greater understanding of cultures and societies from across the Spanish-speaking world.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- meet the expectations of the B2.2 level in speaking, listening, reading and writing;
- command a wide range of vocabulary and grammatical structures, allowing for fluent and spontaneous interaction with native speakers;
- communicate in a way that is socioculturally appropriate in different communicative settings;
- engage with and discuss authentic materials in Spanish, including literature, media and film; and
- present orally and in writing clear and detailed argumentation around different topics related to Spanish language and culture.
- In-class test x 2 (90 min each, 20% each) (40) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Homework (5 at 6%) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Class performance and participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Essay (800 words) (20) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up of:
a) 42 hours of contact over 12 weeks; and
b) 88 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
N/A Minor Amendments Only
Aula Internacional 5 (B2.2), available through campus.difusión.com.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5468||26 Jul 2021||02 Aug 2021||14 Sep 2021||29 Oct 2021||In Person||N/A|