- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Business Information Systems, Information Technology
- Specialisation code BISS-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr David Cheng
Honours in Business Information Systems builds on undergraduate studies in Business Information Systems or Information Technology. It comprises three compulsory research methodology courses, one elective course and the completion of a research thesis.
The research thesis, taken over the entire year with the major emphasis occurring after completion of the coursework, is the critical part of the program as it provides evidence of the student's ability to undertake original research under supervision. Candidates attend the weekly Research School of Management Seminar Series, and present a seminar on their proposed thesis towards the end of their first semester.
Demonstrate a sound knowledge and critical understanding of research design and methods in the field of business information systems
Apply that knowledge to the development of a research proposal and research plan
Develop the capacity to perform high-level independent research
Exhibit in-depth knowledge of their chosen research topic
1. A major or equivalent in a cognate discipline
2. with a weighted average mark equivalent to an ANU 75% calculated from the 36 units (i.e. 0.75 EFTSL) of courses in cognate disciplines, excluding 1000-level courses (i.e. introductory undergraduate courses), with the highest marks
3. and with the written approval of the Honours Convener.
The number of places available in the program may be limited by the Dean due to supervisory capacity.
Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information and Communications Technology
This Honours specialisation requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
MGMT4006 Management Research Methods (6 units)
MGMT4018 Qualitative Research Methods (6 units)
MGMT4019 Quantitative Research Methods in Management (6 units)
MMIB4001 Applied Topics in Business Honours Studies (6 units)
INFS4500 Business Information System Honours Thesis (24 units)Back to the top