- Code CRWF7002
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Crawford School of Public Policy
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Crawford School of Public Policy
- Areas of interest Policy Studies, Political Sciences, Asia Pacific Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
The Policy Field School brings teams of graduate students together to jointly research real-world public policy problems in different parts of Australia and overseas. A Policy Field School (China) will launch in 2019 in partnership with Yunnan University. Research topics are assigned by a government agency, international organization, or other public sector body. Each student team will jointly produce a policy research report based on primary research collection. Their research projects will inform policy making and evaluation.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Conduct and examine real-world policy research
- Engage in undertaking primary research in cross-cultural contexts
- Actively participate and work in cross-cultural teams
- Demonstrate an understanding of the linkages between research and policy in different political contexts
- Evaluate the knowledge/evidence needs of different levels of governments in different social, economic and political contexts
Limited number of placed. Completion of previous research coursework study is required.
- Reading summaries (determined per field school location) (20) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Research plan/prospectus (20) [LO 1,2,3]
- Research report (60) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours divided between field school activities, readings, and preparation of assessment items.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Crawford School of Public Policy to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Readings will be assigned in accordance with field school locations. For the Policy Field School - China students will be assigned readings on China's system of public administration and policy making institutions and processes.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.