- Code DESN3011
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art and Design
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Design
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Digital Humanities, Creative Arts, Design
This course provides a platform for authentic professional engagements with design industry and the general public. It involves a range of different engagement opportunities which may include real world projects spanning the Not-for-Profit sector, government organisations, university research institutes, StartUp enterprises and/or private organisations. The course provides students with a grounding in professional design practice, exploring practical and ethical aspects of professional design. It requires students to apply and extend their design knowledge and skills through engagement projects requiring adaptability, collaboration, professional and ethical conduct.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- engage with industry and the general public as an informed and ethical practitioner;
- produce innovative design solutions within the cultural and technical constraints of a particular context;
- develop practical and ethical design processes for collaborating with peers and the public;
- conduct research into design artefacts and processes, and apply findings to creative production; and
- document and critically reflect on design processes and outcomes.
- Design Research & Creative Direction (20) [LO 2,3]
- Reflective Practice (20) [LO 1,3,5]
- Design Project: Industry Engagement (60) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact comprising lectures, tutorials / workshops.
b) 82 hours of independent study consisting of a combination of research, reading and writing, and/or internship attendance.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Students are assumed to have attained the relevant domain experience required to engage with industry and public.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7512||25 Jul 2022||01 Aug 2022||31 Aug 2022||28 Oct 2022||In Person||N/A|