- Code LING3025
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Linguistics
- Areas of interest Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
- Academic career UGRD
- AsPr Shunichi Ishihara
- Dr Carmel O'Shannessy
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2022
See Future Offerings
Intensive study of one or more topics in linguistics, through a combination of lectures, prescribed readings, and written analysis. The topics may be studied in conjunction with the Australian Linguistic Institute organised by the Australian Linguistic Society.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate a mastery of concepts associated with the topics studied, as negotiated by the course convener and the student;
- demonstrate an ability to read and respond to literature on the selected topics; and
- undertake writing tasks related to the literature on the selected topics.
- At least two pieces of written work totaling 5000 words (100) [LO 1,2,3]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 36 hours of contact: 24 hours of lectures, 12 hours of tutorial.
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|Current issues in forensic voice/text comparison|
|5294||25 Jul 2022||01 Aug 2022||31 Aug 2022||28 Oct 2022||In Person||View|
|5522||25 Jul 2022||01 Aug 2022||31 Aug 2022||28 Oct 2022||In Person||N/A|