- Code LING6029
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Linguistics
- Areas of interest Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Social Research
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- develop an awareness of the key concepts in language assessment;
- critically evaluate language assessment practices;
- understand the social and political dimensions of language testing;
- apply principles of test design, analysis and evaluation;
- understand the relationship between language assessment and language teaching; and
- carry out research on language assessment.
Indicative AssessmentCritical reflection (800 words) 20% [LO 1, 2, 3, 5]
Review of a language assessment (1200 words) 30% [LO 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
Research project (3000 words) 50% [LO 1, 2, 4, 5, 6]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time comprising:
a) 36 hours of contact: 24 hours of lectures, 12 hours of tutorial; and
b) 94 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3493||21 Feb 2022||28 Feb 2022||31 Mar 2022||27 May 2022||In Person||N/A|