- Code POLS4041
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Politics and International Relations
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Political Science
- Areas of interest Policy Studies, Political Sciences, Political Economy, Politics
This course will vary depending on who is teaching it in a given year. The central point of the course will be to use the research agenda of the academic staff to provide expanded opportunities for the study of comparative politics. The special topic for 2020 is comparative studies in 'contemporary political theory'.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- identify the concepts used in comparative methods;
- understand the sources of these concepts and their historical development;
- use these concepts in order to critically research, analyse, and evaluate selected contemporary political theorists; and
- develop skills for research, argument, and analysis in order to to effectively communicate their own perspectives on key concepts and issues in comparative politics.
Course outline available from Professor John Uhr: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Research Paper (2500 words) (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Second Research Paper (2500 words) (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 24 hours of seminars over 12 weeks; and
b) 106 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Wattle site will contain relevant information.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3671||20 Feb 2023||27 Feb 2023||31 Mar 2023||26 May 2023||In Person||N/A|