- Code SPAN3012
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages, European Studies, Latin American Studies
This course will extend the students' Spanish speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to reach the equivalent to B2.2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for languages. Classes explore grammatical structures, vocabulary, pronunciation, etc. Spanish is acquired through contextualised use in a range of different contexts. Students gain greater understanding of the different cultural expressions and linguistic diversity in the Spanish-speaking world.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- meet the expectations of the B2.2 level in speaking, listening, reading and writing;
- command a wide range of vocabulary and grammatical structures;
- communicate in a way that is appropriate in different communicative settings with an improved pronunciation; and
- engage with and discuss authentic materials in Spanish.
- In-class tests (90 min each, 25% each) (50) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Project (writing [500-600 words] and oral [5 min]) (40) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Class engagement (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up of:
a) 42 hours of contact over 12 weeks; and
b) 88 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Aula Internacional 5 (B2.2), available through campus.difusión.com.
Students should language proficiency equivalent to B2.1 in the CEFR.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7550||25 Jul 2022||01 Aug 2022||31 Aug 2022||28 Oct 2022||In Person||N/A|