- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Latin
- Minor code ALAT-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
The advanced Latin minor provides students the opportunity to expand their proficiency in the Latin language, improving their grammar and ability to engage with unexpurgated Latin texts.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- consolidate and extend your command of Latin grammar and vocabulary; to enable you to increase your ability to read Latin with pleasure and understanding: some texts at sight, any texts with the aid of dictionaries, grammars, translations, and textual notes;
- develop skills in reading Latin from the study of simplified texts to
focussed examination of foundational texts of the Greco-Roman world;
- study these texts against their historical and cultural background; and
- promote approaches and methodologies for critical thinking not only about the ancient sources but also the discourse of our own world.
This minor requires the completion of 24 units, which must include:
A maximum of 12 units may come from completion of courses from the following list:
A minimum of 12 units must come from completion of courses from the following list:
LATN3125 may be completed more than once in a different Topic in each instance.