- Total units 24 Units
- Minor code ELEF-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
This minor contains foundational courses that provide the basis for further, more in-depth studies in Engineering and for specialisation (through choice of appropriate major) in Electrical and Telecommunications Systems, Mechatronic Systems or Renewable Energy Systems
This minor is not available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (R&D) programs.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. understand the fundamentals of programming
2. be able to write non-trivial code and de-bug programs
3. understand and be able to analyse electrical circuits
4. explain the fundamental concepts of calculus and linear algebra and their role in modern mathematics and applied contexts
5. understand the micro-physics and chemistry responsible for material properties, and analyse how they can be modified.