- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Commerce, Management
- Minor code MGMT-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Alexander Richardson
The minor in Management provides an overview of the principal issues and considerations in managing people and resources in the organisational context. The core courses in the minor aims to develop skills and competencies in management relating to human resource management, organisational behaviour, and corporate strategy.
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates with a minor in Management will demonstrate the application of management knowledge and skills:
- with initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and/or scholarship;
- to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse contexts; and,
- with responsibility and accountability for own learning and professional practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters.
This minor is incompatible with the Management major.
Review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise organisational knowledge;
Demonstrate an understanding of management knowledge with depth in some areas;
Exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence;
Present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of management knowledge and ideas.
This minor requires the completion of 24 units, which must include:
24 units from the completion of the following course(s):
MGMT1003 - Management, People and Organisations (6 units)
MGMT2007 - Organisational Behaviour (6 units)
MGMT2030 - Human Resource Management and Strategy (6 units)
MGMT3015 - Corporate Strategy (6 units)Back to the top