- Length 2 year full-time
- Minimum 96 Units
- Academic plan MTRAN
- Post Nominal
- CRICOS code 083815G
Field of Education
- Translating and Interpreting
- Academic contact
Students must complete the Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 5.0 in order to commence the Master degree.
|Year 1 48 units||Introductory Course 6 units||Introductory Course 6 units||Introductory Course 6 units||Introductory Course 6 units|
|LANG6001 Translation across Languages: The Translation of Literary Texts 6 units||LING6015 Language, Culture and Translation 6 units||Contextual Course 6 units||Contextual Course 6 units|
|Year 2 48 units||LANG6002 Translation across Languages: Specialised Materials 6 units||Research Project course 6 units||Contextual Course 6 units||Contextual Course 6 units|
|ANU elective course 6 units||ANU elective course 6 units||ANU elective course 6 units||ANU elective course 6 units|
Applied Linguistics, Communication, Languages, Linguistics, Literature, Translating/Interpreting, Area Studies.
Domestic Tuition Fees (DTF)
For more information see: http://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/costs-fees
- Annual indicative fee for international students
For further information on International Tuition Fees see: https://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/fees-payments/international-tuition-fees
All students are required to pay the Services and amenities fee (SA Fee)
The annual indicative fee provides an estimate of the program tuition fees for international students and domestic students (where applicable). The annual indicative fee for a program is based on the standard full-time enrolment load of 48 units per year (unless the program duration is less than 48 units). Fees for courses vary by discipline meaning that the fees for a program can vary depending on the courses selected. Course fees are reviewed on an annual basis and typically will increase from year to year. The tuition fees payable are dependent on the year of commencement and the courses selected and are subject to increase during the period of study.
For further information on Fees and Payment please see: https://www.anu.edu.au/students/program-administration/fees-payments
ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
For further information see the Scholarships website.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
Information on inherent requirements is currently not available for this program.
- NAATI certification – IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS:
- If not taken from contextual list, students are advised to complete LING6021 in their elective courses offered by ANU list.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate attainment of the Learning Outcomes in a major in their language of focus. This can be through demonstration of having completed a language major or Bachelors, at an Australian tertiary institution or its international equivalent, or of having language ability equivalent to the level attained by completion of a language major as determined by a language assessment conducted by an ANU staff member in the relevant language of focus.
- Interested in writing a thesis? Check out the advanced version of this degree.
- Please be aware that any courses taken as part of the 24 units from completion of elective courses offered by ANU list will not count towards the advanced degree should you decide to transfer. This is because the advanced degree has no free electives, as they are in practice replaced by a 24 unit thesis.
- Students are strongly recommended to discuss their study options with the program convenor.