- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code AWAR-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
The MMDS (Art of War) is a specialization within the current MMDS program. The Art of War is an applied history program; it uses the discipline of history to create critical and strategic thinkers to better understand the profession of arms and their role within the shaping of strategy within a state. This specialization is only available for students studying at the Australian Command and Staff College.
Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Investigate, analyse, and critique complex scholarly works and primary source documents relevant to warfare in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Synthesize complex theories relating to the conduct of military operations and command and leadership across historical and contemporary case studies.
- Generate and evaluate complex ideas to practical problems in a contemporary setting and exercise judgment in military, defence or policy contexts.
This specialization requires the completion of 24 units from the following courses:
24 units from completion of the following course(s):
|Art of War I
|Art of War II
|Art of War III
|Art of War IV
|Australia's Strategic and Defence Policy