- Code EMET8002
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Economics
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Econometrics
- Areas of interest Econometrics
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2023
See Future Offerings
The philosophy of Case Studies is that the best way to learn how to research is to do research. Students conduct, under the supervision of faculty, their own research projects, culminating in the writing of a research paper. Lectures will be given on a selection of topics that can prove useful in research.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- formulation of research objective
- execution of a research agenda to adress the research objective
- a demonstration of your competency in the research methods your objective mandates
- writing a research paper
- presentation of the research project
- Case Study Project: 60% (60) [LO null]
- Presentations: 15% (15) [LO null]
- Seminar reports: 25% (25) [LO null]
- The above is subject to change. (null) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload4 hrs contact per week for student.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7063||24 Jul 2023||31 Jul 2023||31 Aug 2023||27 Oct 2023||In Person||N/A|