- Code SPAN3001
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages
This course aims to extend the students' ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written Spanish, at B2.1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages. It explores and helps students become confident in the use of selected aspects of Spanish grammar, vocabulary, reading, conversational and writing skills. Students are also exposed to complex texts and audio-visual materials in which the contemporary cultures and societies of Spanish-speaking countries are explored in detail.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- use and understand vocabulary, grammatical structures, pragmatic content and sociocultural aspects of Spanish at the B2.1 level;
- communicate orally and in writing in less controlled situations at B2.1 level, integrating all aspects of the course;
- extract, analyse and use information from oral, audiovisual and written Spanish texts, including additional resources; and
- be responsible for their own learning practices and personal goals as an autonomous learner.
- Test 1 (20) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Oral assessment (5 min) (20) [LO 1,2,4]
- Writing task (500 words) (25) [LO 1,3,4]
- Class engagement (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Test 2 (25) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 42 hours of contact over 12 weeks, and
b) 88 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Aula Internacional 4 (B2.1), available through campus.difusión.com.
Students should have an assumed language proficiency equivalent to the successful completion of the continuing level in the Spanish major (B1 level of the CEFR).
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2072||20 Feb 2023||27 Feb 2023||31 Mar 2023||26 May 2023||In Person||N/A|