- Code COMP3710
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Computing
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Areas of interest Computer Science, Information Technology
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course has been adjusted for remote participation in Semester 1, 2022.
This course is available so that senior students can pursue, under supervision, topics that are not covered in the regular curriculum that will significantly increase their knowledge of some aspect of computer science.
The activities in the course will be some combination of lectures, reading, writing and project work, as appropriate to the topic. These activities will be specified, for each enrolled student, using a Research School of Computer Science `Independent Study Contract'.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Learning Outcomes will be determined for each individual student and recorded in an 'Independent Study Contract' at the beginning of the course.
- An appropriate combination of written report, exercises, examination and seminar presentations. This will be set out in the 'Independent Study Contract' for each student at the start of each course. (null) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadStudents are expected to spend 10-12 hours each week on this course. Contact hours will be determined for each individual student and recorded in an 'Independent Study Contract' at the beginning of the course.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Computing to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
To be confirmed in Course outline
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.