- Code COMP8755
- Unit Value 6 to 12 units
- Offered by School of Computing
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Course subject Computer Science
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
This course has been adjusted for remote participation in Semester 1, 2022.
This 12 unit course acts as a capstone to the Master of Computing and requires students to complete a practical project on an appropriate computing topic. They will be expected to carry out some combination of reading, writing, artefact construction and presentation whilst working under supervision. The nature of the project can be theoretic, experimental, design or development based on the interests of available supervisors and the student.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Apply their computing knowledge and implementation skills to a specific topic area
- Explain how they have extended and deepened their knowledge of computing principles, technical skills and practice through undertaking the project
- Demonstrate advanced skills in oral and written communication
- Demonstrate through successful completion of the project, relevant project-related skills, including project planning and management, ethics, evaluation and production of project artefacts
- Oral Presentation (10) [LO null]
- Project Artifacts (30) [LO null]
- Report (60) [LO null]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadThis course can be taken as 12 units in a student's final semester or 6 units in a students two final semesters. Students taking COMP8755 over two semesters must enrol in 6 units in each of their two final semesters of study. Weekly two-hour lectures and 260 hours of individual project work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Computing to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 to 12 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.