- Code TURK1002
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Turkish
- Areas of interest Arab and Islamic Studies, Asian Languages, Middle East Studies, European Studies, Language Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Burcu Cevik-Compiegne
- Mode of delivery Online
Second Semester 2023
See Future Offerings
This course continues on from Elementary Turkish A and corresponds to the A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Students will be able to communicate in familiar situations and about topics of direct relevance to their daily lives, such as shopping, employment and travelling. They will be able to exchange information on familiar matters. The students will be expected to complete online study modules weekly before attending the online live session. This course will further develop students' reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- apply their knowledge of Turkish sounds and sound harmonies in their written and oral communication;
- use simple grammatical structures and be able to correctly form more complex sentences;
- communicate in Turkish in simulated complex daily life situations; and
- deduce meaning from short authentic Turkish language texts or audio from the media.
Open Universities Australia Enrolment and Fees
Please refer to the Open Universities Australia website for OUA enrolment deadlines and fees.
- Participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Homework (pre- and post-class activities to consolidate learning) (10) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- 2 small tasks (oral and written) (15% each) (30) [LO 1,2,3]
- Mid-semester assessment (writing, speaking, listening, reading) (20) [LO 1,2,3,4]
- Final assessment (writing, speaking, listening, reading) (30) [LO 1,2,3,4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) Weekly learning activities consisting of:
3 hours, before each online class, working on the written and audio materials provided in the learning platform;
2 hours, participating in the online live session;
2 hours, completing the workbook exercises following the online class;
b) 46 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Yedi Iklim, Turkce A2, Yunus Emre Institute Publishing.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5490||24 Jul 2023||31 Jul 2023||31 Aug 2023||27 Oct 2023||In Person||N/A|