- Code COMP4560
- Unit Value 6 to 12 units
- Offered by School of Computing
- ANU College ANU College of Engineering Computing & Cybernetics
- Course subject Computer Science
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
In 2023, this course is on campus with remote adjustments only for participants with unavoidable travel restrictions/visa delays.
Students will conduct a project, under supervision, that will act as a capstone to their studies in Advanced Computing. The activities in the course will normally include some combination of reading, writing, artefact construction and presentation, as appropriate to their project's topic. The learning objectives, project overview and assessment arrangements will be specified at the outset using the Research School of Computer Science form 'Independent Study Contract'.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- apply their knowledge and implementation skills in computer science for the project course, and apply this to an advanced and specific project topic.
- deepen their knowledge of advanced computing principles through undertaking the project.
- learn any specific technical skills required by their topic, and apply them to the project work.
- learn relevant project-related skills, including project management and oral and written communication, and apply these to project work.
A typical assessment scheme would be report (60%); artefact (30%); presentation (10%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadAs many hours as necessary for meetings with supervisors and a nominal 20 hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 to 12 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.