- Code FREN2025
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject French
- Areas of interest Contemporary Europe, Sustainable Development
This course builds on the language skills and cultural knowledge acquired in FREN2024 or through equivalent pathways of study. The aim of the course is to further develop students' reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in French, and to strengthen the capacity to reflect critically on cross-cultural differences between Francophone cultures and other cultures.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- competently engage with increasingly complex linguistic forms of the language in both written and spoken contexts;
- understand and critically reflect on a range of written and audiovisual texts, such as literary extracts, short films, and songs;
- recognise and use an increasingly wide range of language styles and registers;
- present sophisticated discussions and arguments in spoken and written French; and
- understand aspects of Francophone cultures and societies and reflect on cross-cultural differences.
- Online activities, 2-3 hours/week (15) [LO 1,3,5]
- Two in-class tests, 50 mins each (25% each) (50) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Oral presentation, 5-7 mins (25) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
- Participation (10) [LO 1,2,3,4,5]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 48 hours of contact over 12 weeks, including online/self-directed and tutorial activities; and
b) 82 hours of independent student research, reading and writing.
Requisite and Incompatibility
N/A Minor Amendments Only
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
Commonwealth Support (CSP) Students
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). More information about your student contribution amount for each course at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are a domestic graduate coursework student with a Domestic Tuition Fee (DTF) place or international student you will be required to pay course tuition fees (see below). Course tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8584||22 Jul 2024||29 Jul 2024||31 Aug 2024||25 Oct 2024||In Person||N/A|