- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Interdisciplinary Studies - Sustainability, Commerce, Sustainability
- Minor code CORP-MIN
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Alexander Richardson
The minor in Corporate Sustainability provides an overview of the increasing constraints placed on business by both the natural environment and society, and insights into how corporations may create long-term value through innovative responses to these constraints.
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates with a minor in Corporate Sustainability will demonstrate the application of corporate sustainability knowledge and skills:
- with initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and/or scholarship;
- to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse contexts; and,
- with responsibility and accountability for own learning and professional practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters.
This minor is incompatible with the Corporate Sustainability major.
- Review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise corporate sustainability knowledge;
- Demonstrate an understanding of corporate sustainability knowledge with depth in some areas;
- Exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence; and
- Present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of corporate sustainability knowledge and ideas.
This minor requires the completion of 24 units, which must include:
18 units from the completion of the following compulsory courses:
BUSN3017 - Corporate Social Responsibility, Accountability and Reporting (6 units)
MGMT2001 - Corporate Sustainability (6 units)
MGMT3102 - Business and its Social Stakeholders (6 units)
6 units from the completion of a course from the following list:
ECON3128 - Resource and Environmental Economics (6 units)
MKTG2002 - Sustainable Marketing (6 units)Back to the top