- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Law, Information Technology
- Specialisation code TECH-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Konstantina Tzouvala
Technology is transforming our society and global relationships. Industry and government need a new breed of lawyers who understand the legal, commercial and policy implications for the design and implementation of new products and new business models.
This specialisation will equip lawyers and other professionals with skills and scholarship needed to face novel challenges and to develop innovative and practical approaches to solving problems thrown up by new technologies.
- Evaluate complex legal problems, concepts and risks arising from the implementation of new technologies.
- Undertake legal research, legal writing and resolution of complex legal problems existing in operational domains created and supported by new technologies.
- Research, reflect and write on the practice or theory of new technologies law.
- Critically examine scholarship in relation to the use of new technologies in different use cases, including private and public law.
- Develop and apply legal knowledge to complex legal technology problems in an analytical and creative manner.
- Communicate to both legal and non-legal audiences, verbally and in writing, legal, policy and theoretical perspectives arising from the use of new technologies.
Courses counted towards this specialisation can also be counted towards another specialisation, provided they are listed on the Study Tab under the relevant specialisationBack to the top
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
24 units from completion of the following course(s):
- LAWS8013 Nuclear Weapons Law
- LAWS8035 Cyber Warfare Law
- LAWS8077 Cyber Law
- LAWS8101 Blockchain & Legal Innovation. I
- LAWS8102 Blockchain & Legal Innovation. II
- LAWS8237 Health Law and Bioethics
- LAWS8338 Cryptoassets and the Law
- LAWS8340 Space Law & Governance
- LAWS8341 Work and the Gig Economy
- LAWS8401 Weaponry and Targeting
- LAWS8405 AI, Law & Society
- LAWS8407 Digital Economies and the Law
- LAWS8409 Strategic Issues in the Law of Armed Conflict
- LAWS8445 Information Tech Law
- LAWS8582 Global Health Law
- LAWS8596 Financial Crime Law
- LAWS8597 Corporations, Law and Technology