- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Policy Studies
- Specialisation code INPL-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Andy Kennedy
This specialisation is designed for students interested in careers that involve international affairs, and in particular, efforts to develop and sustain international cooperation in a changing world. The specialisation reflects the conviction that a range of actors play vital roles in international cooperation, including not only diplomats but also policymakers and non-state actors with expertise in a variety of issue areas.
The specialisation also provides students with ample opportunity to focus on policy domains of particular interest to them. Courses within this specialisation cover a variety of issues, including global and regional governance, global health, the internet, international trade, foreign aid, climate change, and energy.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of a range of contemporary challenges in international cooperation.
- Knowledgeably discuss how different governments have approached those challenges in the recent past.
- Develop innovative policy recommendations regarding cooperation challenges in areas of particular interest.
This specialisation is available only to students undertaking the Master of Public Policy.Back to the top
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
24 units of courses from the following list:
POGO8045 International Policy Making in the Shadow of the Future
POGO8098 International Aid Programs and Politics
POGO8212 Governing the Energy Transition
POGO8213 The Global Trading System
POGO8220 Issues in Japanese Policy
EMDV8080 International Climate Change Policy and Economics
DIPL8002 Contemporary Challenges in Diplomacy
DIPL8044 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
DIPL8016 The Role of Non-State Actors in East Asian Diplomacy
DIPL8006 Diplomacy, Politics and the United Nations
DIPL8013 Pacific Diplomacy
INTR8022 International Relations in the Asia-Pacific
INTR8045 Global Governance
INTR8066 International Relations in the Information AgeBack to the top