- Code EMDV8008
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Crawford School of Public Policy
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Environmental Management & Development
- Academic career PGRD
- Dr Keith Barney
- Mode of delivery Online or In Person
First Semester 2019
See Future Offerings
<iframe width="420" height="235" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YiEgmrpnm2c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This course allows students to prepare a research proposal, on a topic of their choice, that can be implemented in Semester 2 as part of EMDV8066 Research Project.
This course is a requirement (with a minimum Distinction grade) for students wanting to enrol in EMDV8066 Research Project in Semester 2.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On successful completion of this course, students will:
1. Be able to develop research questions and hypotheses
2. Be able to carry out a critical literature review, using well developed analytical and synthesis skills
3. Understand research design, and be able to choose rigorous and practical research methods to address a problem focused research question(s)
4. Be able to structure, present and write a research proposal, using high level written and verbal communication skills
Other InformationA distinction average (70%) in the intial componet of the degree is required to enrol in this course
Outline of proposal, critical literature review, presentation of research proposal, research proposal
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Ten hours per week (including 3.5 contact hours)
Requisite and Incompatibility
Reading material will be discussed with the course convener and will depend on the topic of relevance to the student
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.