- Code EMET6008
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Economics
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Econometrics
- Areas of interest Econometrics
The course studies important extensions of the linear regression model. Topics include: endogeneity, binary dependent variables, time series regressions and panel data estimation. This is a hand-on course with a focus on applications in economics as well as business. A standard statistical software will be used during computer sessions, no special programming skills are required.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of empirical modelling in economics and business
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the shortcomings of the standard linear regression model
- apply important extensions to the linear regression model
- express new econometric methods mathematically
- demonstrate clarity of thought regarding the relationship between data, model and estimation in econometrics
- use statistical software to study actual data sets
- Assignments (28) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
- Final Exam (72) [LO 1,2,3,4,5,6]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Student taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week - consisting of 2 hours of lectures, a 1 hour computer tutorial and 7 hours of private study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Introduction to Econometrics, Global Edition, by J. H. Stock and M. W. Watson.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7337||27 Jul 2020||03 Aug 2020||31 Aug 2020||30 Oct 2020||In Person||N/A|