- Code MATH6211
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Mathematical Sciences Institute
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Mathematics
- Areas of interest Mathematics
This course introduces students to key concepts and techniques in mathematical physics. Topics will be taken from contemporary research areas in mathematical physics.
Possible topics include:
- Lie algebras
- String theory
- Conformal field theory
- Gauge field theory
- Integrable models
Note: Graduate students attend joint classes with undergraduates but will be assessed separately.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Explain the fundamental concepts of a special topic in mathematical physics.
2. Demonstrate accurate and efficient use of specific mathematical physics techniques.
3. Demonstrate capacity for mathematical reasoning through analysing, proving and explaining concepts from mathematical physics.
Assessment is expected to be based on:
- Three assignments (20% each; LO 1-3)
- Examination (40%; LO 1-3)
In response to COVID-19: Please note that Semester 2 Class Summary information (available under the classes tab) is as up to date as possible. Changes to Class Summaries not captured by this publication will be available to enrolled students via Wattle.
WorkloadOffered subject to staff availability and student demand. Regular meetings.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Mathematical Sciences Institute to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3585||24 Feb 2020||02 Mar 2020||08 May 2020||05 Jun 2020||In Person||N/A|