- Total units 24 Units
- Specialisation code DTSC-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
Data Science combines the fields of computer science, statistics and applied mathematics, and visualisation and, using automated analysis methods, extracts information and insights from massive quantities of both structured and unstructured data. The specialisation includes courses in areas such as database systems, data mining, document analysis, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand and apply the principles and theories used to develop methods of collecting, analysing and interpreting structured and unstructured data
- Apply a range of data modelling, analytics and visualisation techniques to extract knowledge and insights from large and complex structured and unstructured data
- Understand system infrastructures that support the acquisition, storage and retrieval of data.
Additional InformationThis specialisation is only available for students enrolled under the 2018 rules.
If you enrolled before 2018, please select the appropriate year from the drop down box at the top right of the page.
Back to the top
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
18 units from completion of the following compulsory courses:
6 units from completion of courses from the following list:
COMP6320 Artificial Intelligence
COMP8420 Bio Inspired Computing: Applications and Interfaces
COMP8600 Introduction to Statistical Machine Learning
COMP8620 Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence
COMP8650 Advanced Topics in Statistical Machine Learning