- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest English
- Specialisation code ENGL-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Rebecca Clode
The English Honours Specialisation gives you high-level preparation for professional life or a higher degree by research through the development of an advanced knowledge of the research principles and methods and theoretical concepts of English, and through the design and implementation of a research project, typically a thesis of up to 20,000 words, that develops new understandings or that provides solutions to complex problems.
- pose a significantresearch question relating to English;
- investigate thisquestion creatively, critically, ethically, and independently, includingthrough sophisticated use of appropriate theory and methodology as appropriateto English, and place these investigations in the context of the relevantintellectual tradition; and
- communicate theirresearch and its findings through an appropriate medium.
- a major or equivalent in one of the following:
- with the written approval of an identified supervisor for the thesis
English, Screen Studies
This Honours specialisation requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
48 units from the completion of the following course(s):
ENGL4020 - Researching and Writing the Thesis: A Workshop (6 units)
ENGL4019 - Reading Context: Topics in Production and Reception of Texts (12 units)
ENGL4021 - Creative Reading: Topics in Theory, Methodology and Interpretation (6 units)
THES4102 - Thesis (24 units)
Please disregard the following table. The technical issue has been identified and will be sorted out shortly.
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ENGL4019||Reading Context: Topics in Production and Reception of Texts||12|
|ENGL4020||Researching and Writing the Thesis: A Workshop||6|
|ENGL4021||Creative Reading: Topics in Theory, Methodology and Interpretation||6|