- Total units 48 Units
- Specialisation code FINM-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
The finance honours specialisation is a program offered within the Research School of Finance, Actuarial Studies and Applied Statistics that offers students who have excelled in their undergraduate studies a challenging but rewarding year of study in finance. We seek outstanding students who are keen to undertake independent finance research with the guidance from academic staff. Past students graduating from the Honours in Finance program have been highly successful in professional practice with jobs in the leading investment banks around the world.
1. A major or equivalent in one of the following:
Asian Capital markets major
Capital Markets major
Mathematical Finance major
Quantitative Finance major
2. with a weighted average mark equivalent to an ANU 75 per cent calculated from the 36 units (i.e. 0.75 EFTSL) of courses with highest final marks, excluding 1000-level courses (i.e. introductory undergraduate courses), from courses from one of the majors specified above;
3. and with the written approval of the Honours Convener.
The number of places available in the program may be limited by the Dean due to supervisory capacity.
This Honours specialisation requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
36 units from completion of the following course(s):
|FINM4015||Advanced Corporate Finance||6|
|FINM4500||Finance Honours Thesis||6-24|
12 units from completion of the following course(s):
|FINM4017||Trading and Markets||6|
|STAT4026||Graphical Data Analysis||6|
|STAT4029||Design of Experiments and Surveys||6|
|STAT4030||Generalised Linear Models||6|
|STAT4102||Applied Time Series Analysis||6|
|STAT4116||Introduction to Bayesian Data Analysis||6|