- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Marketing
- Specialisation code MKTG-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
- Academic Contact Dr David Cheng
Honours in Marketing builds on undergraduate studies in marketing. It comprises three compulsory research methodology courses, one elective course and the completion of a research thesis.
The research thesis, taken over the entire year with the major emphasis occurring after completion of the coursework, is the critical part of the program as it provides evidence of the student's ability to undertake original research under supervision. Candidates attend the weekly Research School of Management Seminar Series, and present a seminar on their proposed thesis towards the end of their first semester.
Demonstrate a sound knowledge and critical understanding of research design and methods in the field of marketing
Apply that knowledge to the development of a research proposal and research plan
Develop the capacity to perform high-level independent research
Exhibit in-depth knowledge of their chosen research topic
- A major or equivalent in a cognate discipline
- with a weighted average mark equivalent to an ANU 75% calculated from the 36 units (i.e. 0.75 EFTSL) of courses in cognate disciplines, excluding 1000-level courses (i.e. introductory undergraduate courses), with the highest marks
- and with the written approval of the Honours Convener.
The number of places available in the program may be limited by the Dean due to supervisory capacity.
This Honours specialisation requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
48 units from the completion of the following course(s):
MGMT4006 - Management Research Methods (6 units)
MGMT4018 - Qualitative Research Methods (6 units)
MGMT4019 - Empirical Methods in Management (6 units)
MMIB4001 Applied Topics in Business Honours Studies (6 units)
MKTG4500 - Marketing Honours Thesis (24 units)Back to the top