- Total units 24 Units
- Areas of interest Law
- Specialisation code PRCO-SPEC
- Academic career Postgraduate
- Academic Contact Dr Konstantina Tzouvala
This specialisation will provide you with an insight into the increasingly complex global environment in which individuals and corporations operate. The broad selection of courses, in areas as diverse as sports law and corporate social responsibility, allows you to focus your studies on areas of specific interest to your current, or future, career.
This specialisation is highly flexible, allowing you to choose courses that are compatible with your current profession or that extend your knowledge in new directions. Whether you are working in private practice, the private sector or within government or are looking to expand your legal knowledge for a future career – this program offers diversity, flexibility and knowledge suitable for a wide range of students.
- evaluate complex problems, concepts and theories in private and commercial law and devise solutions appropriate to the specific context.
- undertake legal research, legal writing and resolution of complex legal problems with a private and commercial dimension across a range of issues and topics of a national or international character.
- research and write on the practice or theory of private and commercial law including in-depth legal research in the private and commercial law field.
- incorporate social, policy, comparative or interdisciplinary approaches into legal analysis of private and commercial law issues.
- communicate legal, policy and theoretical perspectives of private and commercial legal issues effectively to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- structure, sustain and evaluate legal argument in both general and specialist areas of private and commercial law.
develop and apply legal knowledge to complex private and commercial legal problems in an analytical and creative manner.
Courses counted towards this specialisation can also be counted towards another specialisation, provided they are listed on the Study Tab under the relevant specialisation.
This specialisation requires the completion of 24 units, which must consist of:
24 units from completion of the following course(s):
LAWS8009 Transnational Anti-Corruption Laws
LAWS8072 Statutory Interpretation
LAWS8104 Legislation and Legislative Drafting
LAWS8125 Law of Corporate Governance
LAWS8131 Commercial Drafting
LAWS8140 Commercial Law
LAWS8142 Tort Liability and Public Authorities
LAWS8144 Conflict of Laws
LAWS8154 Competition Law
LAWS8218 Advanced Contracts
LAWS8220 Government Contracts
LAWS8229 International Trade Law
LAWS8254 Business, Human Rights and Corporate Responsibility
LAWS8335 Equity and Contemporary Issues
LAWS8341 Work and the Gig Economy
LAWS8402 Media Law
LAWS8405 Artificial Intelligence, Law & Society
LAWS8407 Digital Economics and the Law
LAWS8418 International Commercial Arbitration
LAWS8421 Income Tax
LAWS8422 Intellectual Property
LAWS8428 Labour Law
LAWS8437 Financial Markets and Takeovers
LAWS8445 Information Technology Law
LAWS8459 Consumer Protection and Product Liability Law
LAWS8584 Corporate Insolvency
LAWS8597 Corporations, Law and TechnologyBack to the top