Professional Practices Advanced may only be taken by third year students following the successful completion of Professional Practices (ARTV2027). This course usually takes form of an internship that must be negotiated with the coordinator of the course and attendance at weekly tutorials throughout the semester. Enrolment in this course depends on a course of study being approved by the course coordinator.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate the capacity to work under direction in a professional work environment.
- Reflect on and discuss your own learning as it relates to the subject matter of the course.
- Use knowledge of the workplace gained through an internship to develop tutorial presentation critically analysing the organisational structure and core business of host organisation.
- Prepare and present a critically reflective paper outlining student's own learning experience in the workplace.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the moral, legal and professional framework of the host organisation as it applies to employees and the organisation's stakeholders.
Internship diary and Reflective paper (60%), tutorial presentation (30%), tutorial participation (10%)
Attendance at lectures and tutorials is compulsory.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadInternship placement 1 day a week for 10 weeks as well as weekly 1-hour tutorials.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7535||21 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|