- Code ARTV2028
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Art
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Visual Arts
- Areas of interest Digital Arts, Visual Arts, Design Arts, Creative Arts
- Academic career UGRD
- Anne Brennan
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
This course usually takes the form of an internship, that must be negotiated with the course convenor, and attendance at weekly tutorials throughout the semester. Enrolment in this course is subject to the approval of the course convenor and an agreed internship placement, negotiated between student, convenor and host organisation.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon Successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the capacity to work under direction in a professional work environment.
- Reflect on and discuss your own learning as it relates to the subject matter of the internship.
- Present written and oral arguments demonstrating critical reflection of student’s own learning experience in the workplace.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the moral, legal and professional framework of the host organisation as it applies to employees and the organisation's stakeholders.
Indicative Assessment8 minute tutorial presentation and written notes of 1000 words (20%) (LOs 3,5)
Preparatory research for critical reflective paper (25%) (1000 words) (LOs 2,3,4)
Critical Reflective Paper (2500 words) (45%) (LOs 1,2,4,5)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadInternship placement of 1 day (7 hours) a week for 10 weeks (or equivalent), as well as a 1-hour tutorial each teaching week for 13 weeks. Students are expected to undertake a further 47 hours of independent study over the semester (total 130 hours).
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Art to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|1976||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|