- Code THAI1003
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Thai
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
(a) Grammar and drill on speech patterns
(b) oral and written comprehension
(c) conversation practice
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
By completing this unit the student will be able to:
- talk about yourself, family and friends
- describe people
- describe leisure activities
- make suggestions and arrangements
- make more complex transactions to ask for information or as a consumer of goods and services
- organise travel arrangements
- describe educational background, qualifications, present course of study
- describe daily routine
- express wishes, hopes, sympathy, apology and appointment
- give opinions about familiar or relevant topics
- agree or disagree with opinions on familiar or relevant topics
- listen to/ read short news items and signs
- read a short narrative text
- write a short narrative text
- write a postcard or short personal letter
Oral tests during the semester (40%), written assignments(30%), written mid-semester and final exam (30%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Five hours per week
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|6830||21 Jul 2014||01 Aug 2014||31 Aug 2014||30 Oct 2014||In Person||N/A|