- Code ITAL2009
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Italian
- Areas of interest European Languages
This course analyses the making of the Italian nation and how this process has been represented, mainly through the literature and the cinema, from the Risorgimento to the present day.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have:
- the knowledge and skills to read critically a variety of primary and secondary texts (historical, literary and visual);
- reflect upon, and discuss the process of Italian nationhood;
- Students will apply this knowledge and analytical competence to research, assess and question different representations of the Italian nation to provide their own critical and well-supported oral and written evaluations.
2x 1500 word essays (60%), one oral presentation (30%), preparation for tutorials and active contribution to discussion (10%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
One hour of lecture and one hour of tutorial per week over 13 weeks plus 6-7 hours of seminars. Lectures will be taped
Requisite and Incompatibility
An anthology of texts to be studied will be supplied in electronic brick form
- Costa, Antonio (1993) Immagine di un’immagine. Cinema e letteratura, Torino, UTET
- Tomasi di Lampedusa, Gioacchino (1960) Il gattopardo, Milano, Feltrinelli
- Bassani, Giorgio (1972), Il giardino dei Finzi-Contini, Torino, Einaudi
- Fenoglio, Giuseppe (1968) Il partigiano Johnny, Torino, Einaudi
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Students continuing in their current program of study will have their tuition fees indexed annually from the year in which you commenced your program. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|4724||17 Feb 2014||07 Mar 2014||31 Mar 2014||30 May 2014||In Person||N/A|