- Code ARAB3004
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Arabic
- Areas of interest Arab and Islamic Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Huda Al-Tamimi
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
This is a research course for students who have completed Advanced Arabic A or equivalent. The Resarch essay should be completed in line with the guidelines provided to the student. Focus will be on a research essay on a topic related to Arabic Studies, Middle Eastern Studies or Islamic Studies.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of some aspects of advanced Arabic writing styles.
- Demonstrate proficiency in more complex written syntactic and discourse structures and extend their capacity to use such structures appropriately to undertake a small-scale research on a topic related to Arabic Studies, Middle Eastern Studies or Islamic Studies.
- Demonstrate their ability to present their findings in a scholarly manner in Arabic.
- Demonstrate advanced linguistic skills and functional understanding of Arabic Language.
2,500 word essay in Arabic due at the end of semester (50%)
30-minute oral presentation on essay topic (50%)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Two hours of language classes per week or regular meeting with the Supervisor
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
The lecturer will provide material selected from Arabic printed media, short stories, poems, novels and other sources.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2023||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|