- Code ITAL6505
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Italian
- Areas of interest European Languages
- Academic career PGRD
- Grazia Micciche
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate their understanding of extended speech, including lectures in Italian, TV news, current affairs programs and films using a variety of registers and spoken Italian;
- apply their clear grasp of the major aspects of Italian grammar and related linguistic terminology by identifying and producing complex linguistic structures orally and in writing;
- demonstrate their command of a wide range of vocabulary, idioms and Italian gestures; phonetics and phonology of Italian;
- conduct independent research, elaborate it and compose clear, detailed and critical texts (oral and written) on a variety of subjects;
- test their knowledge of salient issues, events, figures and texts of Italian culture.
Indicative AssessmentGraduate students may attend joint classes with undergraduates but can expect more rigorous assessment and additional assignment work, tailored to their interests.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload3 hours of classes plus 1 hour of audio-visual activities per week.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2208||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|