- Code SPAN3022
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages, Language Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Elisabeth Mayer
- Mode of delivery In Person
Second Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. communicate and express ideas in oral and written language at an advanced level,
2. analyse and understand complex grammatical structures and apply them to a variety of texts and oral contexts,
3. acquire and use appropriate linguistic terminology in spoken and written language,
4. develop appropriate tools for research-led learning in Hispanic linguistics and Spanish studies in general,
5. negotiate task division and contribution in a team environment,
6. reflect on and discuss own learning as it relates to the subject matter of the course.
Indicative AssessmentTest 1 (in-class, one hour) (15%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4]
Test 2 (in-class, one hour) (15%) [LOs 1, 2 , 3, 4]
3x written assignments (500 words each) (15% each) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Oral presentation (10 mins) (15%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Participation (10%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload3.5 hours of classes per week plus at least 6.5 hours of regular work per week outside class (total workload of 130 hours over the semester).
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsTo be listed on the course Wattle page.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3035||20 Jul 2015||07 Aug 2015||31 Aug 2015||30 Oct 2015||In Person||N/A|