- Code SPAN3022
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages, Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Latin American Languages, Language Studies
- Academic career UGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
- Co-taught Course
- Offered in See Future Offerings
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- communicate and express ideas in oral and written language at an advanced level,
- analyse and understand complex grammatical structures and apply them to a variety of contexts,
- acquire and use appropriate linguistic terminology in spoken and written language,
- develop appropriate tools for research-led learning in Hispanic linguistics and Spanish studies in general.
Indicative AssessmentTest 1 (in-class, 50 min) (20%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4]
Test 2 (in-class, 50 min) (25%) [LOs 1, 2 , 3, 4]
2x written assignments (500 words each) (15% each=30%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4]
Oral presentation (10 min) (15%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4]
Participation (10%) [LOs 1, 2, 3, 4]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload130 hours of total student learning time made up from:
a) 42 hours of contact: 3.5 hours of class per week
b) 88 hours of independent student research, reading and writing
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsTo be listed on the course Wattle page.
Assumed KnowledgeCompletion of SPAN3001or equivalent level of language competency as demonstrated by a placement test.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|8796||22 Jul 2019||29 Jul 2019||31 Aug 2019||25 Oct 2019||In Person||N/A|