- Code PORT6502
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Portuguese
- Areas of interest Language Studies
- Academic career PGRD
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2015
See Future Offerings
This course builds on Introductory Portuguese I (PORT6501) and continues to develop more advanced listening, speaking, reading and writing skills as well as expanding cultural and traditional knowledge related to countries where Portuguese is spoken.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be
- Demonstrate a sound functional knowledge of Portuguese grammar and lexicon.
- Demonstrate fluent communicative skills that allow them to discuss a variety of topics confidently in Portuguese.
- Read, comprehend and understand more complex literary and non-literary texts.
- Write brief texts and short essays using appropriate vocabulary and
- Show a deeper understanding of cultural and traditional practises specific to Portuguese societies in the world.
Tutorial participation 10% (LO 1,2,3,4,5)
Weekly tutorial oral exercises (recorded) 10% (LO 1,2,3,4,5)
Weekly tutorial preparation written exercises 10% (LO 1,3,4,5)
6 quizzes 30% (LO 1,2,3 )
2 written assignments 20% (LO 1,3)
Oral exam 20% (LO 1,2,4,5)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Workload4 contact hours per week comprising of 2 language tutorials of 1.5 hours each and 1 conversation tutorial. Students are expected to commit an additional 6 hours per week to independent study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed TextsJouet-Pastre, CMC et al. 2013. Ponto de Encontro. Portuguese as a World Language. 2nd ed. Pearson Education Inc.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3024||16 Feb 2015||06 Mar 2015||31 Mar 2015||29 May 2015||In Person||N/A|