- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Cell and Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Genetics
- Specialisation code NEUR-HSPC
- Academic career Undergraduate
The Neuroscience Honours specialisation is intended for students who have a foundational knowledge of the field and are interested in undertaking an independent research project under the direction of a supervisor. The Honours specialisation is usually taken full time for two consecutive semesters and includes research training, in-depth analysis of current concepts in the field as well as a substantial research project culminating in the production of a thesis. Honours is a solid foundation in the basics of research, and can be an entry to careers in laboratory work, a degree in postgraduate medicine, or a pathway to a PhD.
Satisfaction of the admission requirements described in the relevant honours plan and:
- with a specialisation or equivalent in neuroscience and physiology.
- and with the written approval of an identified supervisor for the research project.