- Code ENVS2018
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Fenner School of Environment and Society
- ANU College ANU Joint Colleges of Science
- Course subject Environmental Science
- Areas of interest Earth and Marine Sciences, Environmental Science , Forest Science and Management , Resource and Environmental Management , Biodiversity Conservation
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
1. Collect a diversity of data that describe the biophysical attributes and processes of ecosystems.
2. Recognise and understand strengths and weaknesses of a range of field sampling techniques and survey designs.
3. Demonstrate a capacity to choose appropriate data collection methodology, design appropriate sampling strategies and communicate findings about ecosystem patterns, processes and resource management impacts.
Indicative Assessment1. Field Learning Journal (30%) [LO 1,2,3]
2. Small Group presentation (30%) [LO 1,2,3]
3. Online quiz based on pre-field trip required reading (30%) [LO 2,3]
4. Participation (10%) [LO3]
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadA total of 130 hours, including an intensive 5-day (40 hour) field component at the ANU Kioloa Coastal Campus during the September teaching break (5-16 September 2016), preparatory workshops in the last week of term before the break (10 hours) and up to 80 hours of self study.
Preliminary ReadingThere is no prescribed text. Reading material will be provided throughout the course.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings and Dates
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|6703||05 Sep 2016||15 Aug 2016||16 Sep 2016||10 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|