- Code SPAN2002
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- ANU College ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Course subject Spanish
- Areas of interest European Languages
The primary goal of this course is to continue to develop proficiency in students' communication skills. It concentrates on selected aspects of Spanish grammar as well as on developing the students reading, conversational and writing skills. Grammatical structures and vocabulary are reviewed and extended. Students are also exposed to more complex texts and audio-visual materials in which the cultures and societies of Spanish-speaking countries are explored further.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and use appropriately complex vocabulary, grammatical structures and tenses.
- Demonstrate ability in listening and speaking in Spanish so as to function effectively in the predictable communication requirements of a Spanish-speaking environment, and be able to function adequately in unpredictable situations.
- Demonstrate ability in reading short literary and/or current affairs texts in Spanish.
- Demonstrate ability in writing in Spanish by integrating new vocabulary and grammar topics.
- Understand cultural concepts and practices of the Spanish-speaking world.
A mixture of exams (50%) (LO 1, 2, 4, 5)
Oral and writing assessment activities (45%) (LO 2, 4, 5)
Performance and participation in class (5%) (LO 1-5)
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
4 hours of classes per week, plus at least 6 hours of regular work per week outside class.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Prescribed texts will be listed on the course Wattle site.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7239||18 Jul 2016||29 Jul 2016||31 Aug 2016||28 Oct 2016||In Person||N/A|