- Code VIET2003
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Vietnamese
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Bao Thai
- Mode of delivery Blended
- Co-taught Course
Second Semester 2017
See Future Offerings
This course is an intermediate level of Vietnamese with an emphasis on active oral and writing skills. It focuses on communicating in Vietnamese in the context of daily life activities in Vietnam and places an emphasis on areas of accommodation, travel, social customs and education. A reading program forms an integral part of the syllabus.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Building towards confident spoken and literacy skills in modern Vietnamese
Attendance and class participation (10%), Weekly assignments (totaling 20%), Mid-term exam (30%), Final exam (30%), Minor project (10%).
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
WorkloadFour hours per week. Students should contact the course convenor for details of class times.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Nguyen Bich Thuan, Contemporary Vietnamese: An Intermediate Text, Northern Illinois University, 1996
Hue, Nguyen Van (ed), Vietnamese as a Second Language III (VSL 3), College of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam National University- HCMC, 2003
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
- Domestic fee paying students
- International fee paying students
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
ANU utilises MyTimetable to enable students to view the timetable for their enrolled courses, browse, then self-allocate to small teaching activities / tutorials so they can better plan their time. Find out more on the Timetable webpage.
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|7262||24 Jul 2017||31 Jul 2017||31 Aug 2017||27 Oct 2017||In Person||N/A|
|9209||24 Jul 2017||31 Jul 2017||31 Aug 2017||27 Oct 2017||Online||N/A|