- Code MKTG3023
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by Research School of Management
- ANU College ANU College of Business and Economics
- Course subject Marketing
- Areas of interest Marketing
- Academic career UGRD
- Dr Andrew Hughes
- Mode of delivery In Person
First Semester 2017
See Future Offerings
This course integrates previous studies in marketing into the strategic context of the organisation. Specific topics include strategic marketing models; the internal and external context in which marketing occurs; integrating marketing strategy with business goals, factors that impact on the effective development and implementation of marketing strategies and the management and implementation of marketing strategy in business-to-business and consumer markets.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
Upon successful completion of the requirements for this course, students will be able to:
- engage in group based decision making activities including collaborative reporting and accepting joint responsibility;
- engage in strategic thinking including projecting future outcomes, setting goals, and reflecting on the implementation process to reach those goals;
- integrate marketing theory, prior practice and prior learning into the strategic marketing environment; and,
- communicate effectively in oral and written forms about marketing strategy using appropriate concepts, logic and rhetorical conventions.
See the course outline on the College courses page. Outlines are uploaded as they become available.
Indicative AssessmentSee the course outline on the College courses page for the indicative assessment.
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
Students taking this course are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week to completing the work. This will include 3 hours per week in class and at least 7 hours a week on average (including non-teaching weeks) on course reading, research, writing and assignment work.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|3147||20 Feb 2017||27 Feb 2017||31 Mar 2017||26 May 2017||In Person||N/A|