- Total units 48 Units
- Major code GLAS-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
This major is only available to students undertaking the Bachelor of Visual Arts.
The internationally recognised Glass Workshop offers students one of the best educational experiences in the field today. Over the past twenty-five years, the school has developed a reputation for producing artists with impressive portfolios and boasts an exceptionally high rate of graduates who become practicing professionals. This major focuses on developing the strengths of an individuals’ practice whilst providing a sound technical foundation and also helping students locate their work within the broader context of the visual arts. Courses are led through one-on-one teaching, group presentations and seminars. A vibrant visiting artists program provides unique opportunities for students to work closely with contemporary luminaries. The diversity of training across the areas of conceptual and technique development, material knowledge, history and equipment use encourages the development of a cohesive community for a high level of exchange and dialogue within the Glass Workshop.
Students who complete this major will have the skills and knowledge to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge of the practices, languages, forms, materials, technologies and techniques in the creation of glass art.
- apply relevant skills and knowledge to realise artefacts and forms of creative expression.
- develop and evaluate concepts and process by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- work independently and collaboratively in a workshop environment in response to project demands.
- apply occupational health and safety regulations and principles within a workshop environment.
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must consist of:
This major is available only to students undertaking the Bachelor of Visual Arts.
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ARTV1302||Glass: Processes and Methods||6|
|ARTV2313||Glass: Kiln Casting||6|
|ARTV2314||Glass: Blowing and Finishing Techniques in context||6|
|ARTV2315||Glass: Kiln Forming||6|
|ARTV2316||Glass: Advanced Hot and Cold Glass Working Process||6|
|ARTV3028||Craft and Design Major 7: Developing A Visual Arts Practice||6|
|ARTV3029||Craft and Design Major 8: Resolving a Body of Original Work||6|