- Code JPNS3024
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Japanese
- Areas of interest Asian Languages, Cultural Studies, History, Sociology, Asian Studies
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills at an Independent level of Japanese to:
1. Evaluate key concepts and issues on Japanese international relations and politics.
2. Engage on an academic level with authentic Japanese texts on related issues.
3. Demonstrate near-native level of language competence and independent research skills in Japanese.
4. Present sustained academic arguments with confidence on a variety of topical issues related to Japanese international relations and politics, with a nuanced understanding of the broader academic discourses.
Students who successfully complete this course will typically achieve a level of proficiency roughly equivalent to JLPT N1-2 to N3-2, depending on their performance and degree of engagement.
This is a co-taught course. Any cap on enrolments in one course applies to both courses combined.
- Participation (10%) --- LO 1, 2
- Short translations and quizzes (50%) --- LO 1, 2, 3, 4
- Final translation (40%) --- LO 1, 2, 3, 4
The ANU uses Turnitin to enhance student citation and referencing techniques, and to assess assignment submissions as a component of the University's approach to managing Academic Integrity. While the use of Turnitin is not mandatory, the ANU highly recommends Turnitin is used by both teaching staff and students. For additional information regarding Turnitin please visit the ANU Online website.
This course will be delivered in a seminar format (3 hours per week). The total workload for the course is 130 hours, including in class time and independent study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
You will need to contact the School of Culture History and Language to request a permission code to enrol in this course.
Course materials will be available on Wattle.
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
If you are a domestic graduate coursework or international student you will be required to pay tuition fees. Tuition fees are indexed annually. Further information for domestic and international students about tuition and other fees can be found at Fees.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
If you are an undergraduate student and have been offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are set by the Australian Government for each course. At ANU 1 EFTSL is 48 units (normally 8 x 6-unit courses). You can find your student contribution amount for each course at Fees. Where there is a unit range displayed for this course, not all unit options below may be available.
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|5094||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|