- Code KORE2521
- Unit Value 6 units
- Offered by School of Culture History and Language
- ANU College ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Course subject Korean
- Areas of interest Asian Languages
Korean 3 emphasises practical language skills to further develop students' abilities to communicate in Korean in a wide range of daily situations. Competency in everyday spoken language is stressed, with lessons on formal and informal interaction with peers, and developing a vocabulary to navigate academic life. Students will be able to learn grammatical points and constructions that allow them to conduct appropriate forms of written and oral communication in frequently occurring situations: family life, communicating with teachers, telephone conversations, and navigating peer group communication. Studying in this course will also allow students to learn about the important role that cultural events like celebrations, milestones and festivals play in Korean life.
Upon successful completion, students will have the knowledge and skills to:On satisfying the requirements of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills at an Advanced Beginner level of Korean to:
1. Use a vocabulary that allows comprehension of texts on such themes as family relationships, cultural events and wider society.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of grammatical points and constructions to conduct appropriate forms of written and oral communication in frequently occurring situations: family life, communicating with teachers, telephone conversations, and navigating peer group communication.
3. Communicate in speaking and writing on such everyday situations as formal and informal interactions with peers, telephone conversations, academic life, and discussions of their own lives and interests.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of cultural communication practices in interpersonal relationships in university, social life and family.
This is a co-taught course. Any cap on enrolments in one course applies to both courses combined.
Indicative AssessmentMid-term Oral 10% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4)
Mid-term Written 10% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4)
Final Oral 20% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4)
Final Written 20% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4)
Grammar Quizzes 20% (LO 2)
Presentation 10% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4)
Class Participation 10% (LOs 1, 2, 3, 4)
Five contact hours per week. Total workload for the course is 130 hours including independent study.
Requisite and Incompatibility
Integrated Korean: Beginning 2 (Hawai`i University Press, Second Edition, Klear Textbooks in Korean Language)
Integrated Korean Workbook: Beginning 2 (Hawai`i University Press, Second Edition, Klear Textbooks in Korean Language)
Tuition fees are for the academic year indicated at the top of the page.
- Student Contribution Band:
- Unit value:
- 6 units
Offerings, Dates and Class Summary Links
Class summaries, if available, can be accessed by clicking on the View link for the relevant class number.
|Class number||Class start date||Last day to enrol||Census date||Class end date||Mode Of Delivery||Class Summary|
|2866||19 Feb 2018||27 Feb 2018||31 Mar 2018||25 May 2018||In Person||N/A|