- Total units 48 Units
- Areas of interest Materials Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Mechatronics More...
- Major code MMSY-MAJ
- Academic career Undergraduate
Learning Outcomes1. Describe the core concepts in mechanical and material systems including mechanics, thermodynamics, material behaviour, structural behaviour and manufacturing processes.
2. Demonstrate technical competence in the area of mechanical and materials systems including problem identification, analysis and design.
3. Demonstrate the competency in the usage of computer-aided-design tools
4. Design mechanical system components
5. Apply the core knowledge to build and analyse representative mechanical systems
6. Apply and transfer the approaches of interdisciplinary systems engineering to mechanical and material systems
7. Demonstrate critical thinking abilities in the area of mechanical and material systems that are relevant to the society at large.
Professional Skills Mapping:
Mapping of Learning Outcomes to Professional Competencies
Areas of Interest
- Materials Science
- Renewable Energy
- Solar Energy
- Energy Change
- Sustainable Engineering
This major requires the completion of 48 units, which must include:
48 units from completion of the following course(s):
|ENGN1217||Introduction to Mechanics||6|
|ENGN2217||Mechanical Systems and Design||6|
|ENGN4615||Finite Element Analysis||6|